Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

These super homemade cleaning  ingredients are given by:  http://arealhousewifeandmommy.blogspot.com
  OXICLEAN:

  • 1 part baking soda 
  • 1 part hydrogen peroxide
  • 2 parts water

Mix it all in a container to spot treat or just add straight to laundry if presoaking. (I've tried it on a couple things and it works AMAZING!) You just have to shake it before you use each time.

  I am BIG into couponing, and while I think  I am a master at finding great deals, laundry supply deals are very hard to find. I just happened to find a recipe to make my own laundry soap, fabric softener, and stain remover that no coupon, sale, or ANYTHING can beat...and I couldn't be more excited! (And of course I did use coupons to get the items needed)

LAUNDRY SOAP:
  • Borax
  • washing soda
  • natural bar soap ( I used fels-naptha, but ivory and zote work too)
  • essence oil if desired (I did not use)
  • five 1 gallon containers

  
I like EASY directions (no need to elaborate on simple things) Grate the soap bar in a pot, add 4 cups water and cook on low until the soap dissolves. Then add 1 cup borax and 1 cup washing soda, stir until dissolved and then divided equally among five 1 gallon containers. Fill the rest of the way with water and overnight it will thicken. Use 1/4 cup per load like normal laundry detergent.


I like this one better than the powdered version because I know the soap is disolved in every load.


No comments:

Post a Comment