Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Another Fabric Softner

DIY – Homemade Fabric Softener – $.01/Load!


homemade fabric softener DIY   Homemade Fabric Softener   $.01/Load!
Items you will need:
(2) cups of hair conditioner
(3) cups of distilled white vinegar
(6) cups boiling water
(1) Mixing utensil
(1) Bucket/Pail/Pot
(1) Empty Bottle (I used an old clean bleach container)
First of all, you will notice in my picture I only have a 12oz bottle of conditioner! Well, I am terrible at math! Not to worry, I had extra bottles so I grabbed a ½ cup out of another bottle!
Many of the recipes you will see out there say cold water is fine, I on the other hand prefer to have the water hot because it helps break down the condtioner, meaning less stirring for me!
STEP 1. Pour the 6 cups of boiling in water into the pail
STEP 2. Add the condtioner
STEP 3. Add the vinegar
STEP 4. Start stirring
fabric softener DIY   Homemade Fabric Softener   $.01/Load!
This whole process took me about 4 minutes! My favorite part …. I get to make the scent myself, not pick one off the shelf, and with the million different scents of condtioner out there, a million different scents to be had!
I did go out an buy the vinegar for $1.82 at Walmart, used  a third of the bottle ($.60) and conditioner I had on hand ($.48)
For a grand total of $1.08! This is a 96 oz bottle that I filled, and according to Snuggle, 96 oz = 96 loads! This makes it $.01 per load!

use sponges let them soak in the softner and as needed pull them out ring it out to about almost dripping throw it in and put it back in the jug when the dryer is done !! works well with us !

No comments:

Post a Comment